Thursday 9 August 2007

STS-117 Videotapes Object in Space

Jeff Challender reports, "On Sunday, 24 June, I received an e-mail asking me if I'd noticed the possible UFO on NASA Select TV hovering outside the Shuttle/Station Complex on 11 June, shortly before the onset of EVA #1 of STS-117.

The object was described as a "gigantic black disk", with a glowing edge, which slowly faded from sight. I reviewed the tape and it turned out to be the limb of Earth. Operators inside ISSy were using Canadarm 2 to slowly position the new 35,000 pound (15,900 Kg) S3/S4 truss segment for final installation by space walking Astronauts later in the day.

Another object caught my eye... This one was moving slowly AWAY from the edge of Earth from left to right through the "crook" of the Canadarm 2 elbow. The INCO cut away from this object to another camera view, then back to the original view just as the object was disappearing behind the new S3/S4 Truss segment.

Source:NationalUFOCentre

No comments: